Monday, May 11, 2009

The Last Woman Standing -- The Countdown Begins

Take a deep breath...now let it out. That's how I feel right now.

I've had a moment -- although briefly -- to exhale. However, it's time for the second wind to kick in. You see, I ran track in high school. I was a sprinter, but every now and then, I was pulled in by the coach to run the 400 meter dash. Now to the long distance runner, that might not seem daunting, but for someone who was used to sprinting the 100 and 200 races, it seemed like a never-ending run. But something would always happen when I rounded the last bend. Maybe it was seeing the finish line. Maybe it was the cheers from my teammates on the sidelines. But I always kicked it up a notch and found an extra burst of energy to make it to the end.

On August 1 my fourth book, The Last Woman Standing, will hit bookstore shelves. That date will by no means be the end of my work with that book, my past books, or any future titles, but it is a finish line of sorts. No, I take that back. It's a milestone. And I'd love for you to celebrate with me. You can PRE-ORDER the book now and let it be one less thing on your to-do list for August. Hey, I'm all about making life simple. Smile!

Just in case you're wondering if this one is a pageturner, read the summary below. I'm sure it will convince you!


***************************
The Last Woman Standing
Lynette Bowers had no intention on falling in love with her ex-husband, “Ace” Bowers. After all, it has been ten years since their marriage ended, and two years since the beginning of his relationship with the younger and prettier, Sheila Rushmore. Besides Sheila, everyone knows that only a fool makes the same mistake twice, especially when it comes to marriage.

Ace seems stuck between his past and his future. With his conflicting emotions, he risks losing two women who hold a significant place in his heart. It’s going to take his faith and God’s love to handle the ensuing drama.

Sheila is starting to see Ace’s ex-wife as a threat to her lifelong dreams of achieving the happily-ever-after. Sheila is used to getting what she wants – except Ace’s commitment to marriage. When Sheila realizes Lynette may be the cause, she launches a plan to play the hand of God, instead of allowing Him to bring the love all three of them desire.

No comments: